The following Chesapeake Chapter Board of Directors & Officers positions are available for the 2018 year:
Nomination deadline: Friday, September 15, 2017. To apply, please complete the online application form by COB on Friday, September 15, 2017.
New officers and directors will serve with the following board members:
- Patty Amos, CMP – Current President-Elect, will become the 2018 Chesapeake Chapter President
- Krystine St. Michael Bussiere, CMP – Current President, will become 2018 Chesapeake Chapter Immediate Past President
- Michael Doane – Director, Membership (Serving second year of 2017-18 term)
- K.C. Hopson, CMP – Director, Sponsorship (Serving second year of 2017-18 term)
Board of Directors applications will be reviewed by the Chesapeake Chapter Nominating Committee and a recommended slate of board members will be distributed to all chapter members no later than October 1, 2017. All applicants will be notified of the Nominating Committee’s decision by phone or email no later than September 22, 2017. Candidates may be asked to participate in phone interviews with members of the nominating committee to determine suitability for the position.
Criteria & Guidelines for Selection of Board Members
- Each nominee must be a Chesapeake Chapter member in good standing.
- Each elected board member must commit to attending all scheduled board meetings (approximately 6 per year; 2-3 in person and remainder by phone) as well as the Board Planning Retreat, at locations determined by the board. Candidates will assume responsibility for all expenses (such as parking, Metro fare, phone calls) in conjunction with board meeting participation.
- Each nominee must adhere to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct.
The nominating committee will use the following guidelines in determining the slate:
- Participation in PCMA Chesapeake Chapter events and activities during last two years
- Responses to board application questions
- Professional references, as provided during the board application process.
- Prior volunteer leadership experience and committee participation.
PCMA Chesapeake Chapter Board of Directors (2018)
The following is a list of required questions as part of the application process for the PCMA Chesapeake Chapter board of directors. We recommend using this document to formulate your answers, so you can cut-and-paste into the online form.
To apply for a position, you will be asked to complete the following information:
- Personal Information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Credentials (if any)
- Job Title
- Phone (office)
- Phone (mobile)
- Member of Chesapeake Chapter since (year)
- Which Chesapeake Chapter Board or Officer position are you applying for?
- Director, Programs
- Director, Membership
- Director, Sponsorship
- Committee Position (other)
- Are you a..
- Meeting Planner
- How many PCMA Chesapeake Chapter events have you attended in the past two years?
- What skills and/or connections would you bring to the table to benefit the PCMA Chesapeake Chapter? (1000 characters)
- If elected to the board, what is the one thing you want to accomplish or change for our chapter in 2017? (1000 characters)
- Would you describe yourself as a tactical or strategic thinker, and how would that perspective make you a valuable board member? (1000 characters)
- Have you ever served on a volunteer committee or board of directors before? If yes, list organization, dates of service, and position(s) held. (350 characters)
- Describe how your current employer supports your involvement in professional development activities. (350 characters)
- Please provide the name, phone number, and email address of at least two people who can speak to your leadership experience and/or volunteer service record.
- Reference #1 – Name
- Reference #1 – Phone
- Reference #1 – Email
- Reference #1 – How does this person know you?
- Reference #2 – Name
- Reference #2 – Phone
- Reference #2 – Email
- Reference #2 – How does this person know you?
Questions about the process or service on the board? Contact Robyn Hulvey, Chair, Nominating Committee, at email@example.com.