We are looking for enthusiastic professionals to join the Chesapeake Chapter volunteer leadership in as a committee member. Our strongest asset is our membership and our members’ willingness to share their ideas, skills and strengths in support of PCMA.
Why volunteer with the PCMA Chesapeake Chapter? Volunteering provides tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth, building industry contacts, and developing relationships with colleagues. Maybe you’ll meet your next big client, future employer or steadfast industry friend.
Programs (Education) Committee
- Assisting with site selection, content creation, speaker lineup and all logistics for our 8 annual networking and education programs.
- Attend events to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Assistance with the registration process as needed.
- Member Recruitment: contacting guests who attend chapter events about membership.
- Member Retention: ensuring our members are satisfied with their experience and anticipating the needs of our members to make the membership a valuable experience for them.
- Supporting chapter and national membership drives.
- Newsletter: drafting copy and preparing/sending bimonthly chapter e-newsletter
- Social Media: responsible for updating chapter Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- Website Support: responsible for working jointly with the chapter administrator to update chapter website with fresh content.
- Works to find venue sponsors for our 8 annual networking and education programs.
- For non-venue sponsors, creates and matches cash sponsorship opportunities with sponsor needs and outcomes.
- Handles sponsorship solicitation and retention for chapter programs.
Got a passion for an area not represented here? Email our chapter administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your great idea and you may be asked to serve in a leadership role for a new committee.