The Lighthouses of the Chesapeake Bay are towers of light showing the way and providing valuable assistance to the sea travelers along our coastal waters. The lighthouse has become a symbol for endurance, dependability and guidance.
The Chesapeake Chapter’s Lighthouse Award recognizes one member each year who, through his or her volunteerism, has demonstrated their dedication, involvement and leadership to our organization and illuminating the way for our chapter’s members.
Who Is Eligible?
- Planner and Supplier Members in good standing.
- Held a chapter membership for a minimum of (1) calendar year.
- Must have provided a minimum of twenty (20) hours of service or support to a chapter activity or event within the same calendar year.
- Current members of the Executive Committee of the Chapter Board are not eligible.
- Nominees can nominate themselves or be nominated by their industry peers.
What Does the Nomination Include?
How Do I Nominate?
- Complete the nomination application by the deadline of October 20, 2017.
What Is the Judging Process?
- The Awards Committee will review all applications and select the entries which match the criteria listed above.
- Finalists will be presented to the Executive Committee of the Chapter Board for review.
- Award decision will be made by the Executive Committee.
- All nominees will be recognized at the chapter’s Town Hall on November 16, 2017, and one winner awarded.
When Is the Deadline to Submit A Nomination?
- Nominations will be accepted until October 20, 2017. All entries must be submitted by 5:00pm on October 20, 2017. No partial or late entries will be accepted.
When will the Winners Be Announced?
The Lighthouse Award will be presented to the winners at the November 16 Chapter Town Hall & Awards Meeting.