- This event has passed.
Call for Nominations of 2021 Officers and Board Members Due!
Volunteerism is the key component to the continued success of the Chesapeake Chapter and PCMA.
Know someone who might be an excellent candidate? Let us know about them and we will reach out to them!
The Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations and applications for officers and directors for the Chesapeake Chapter for 2021.
Consider the benefits of becoming a chapter leader:
- Personal and professional growth
- Earn points to qualify for the CMP exam, or to re-certify
- Demonstrate your commitment to our industry and continuing education
- Mentoring (in both directions)
The following Chesapeake Chapter Board of Directors & Officers positions are available for the 2021 year:
· President – Elect (1-year term)
· Director, Sponsorships (2-year term)
· Director, Programs (remaining 1 year of a 2-year term)
· Director, Membership (2-year term)
· Treasurer (1-year term)
· Secretary (1-year term)
For information on what is required of each position, please view the Volunteer Job Responsibilities in the Application Form packet below.
New officers and directors will serve with the following board members:
· Marci Glavin – Current President-Elect, will become the 2021 Chesapeake Chapter President
· Danielle Ellington – Current President, will become 2021 Chesapeake Chapter Immediate Past President
– Jessica Gremminger – Director, Communications continues her current term
Board of Directors applications must be received by August 30, 2020. These will be reviewed by the Chesapeake Chapter Nominating Committee and a recommended slate of board members will be distributed to all chapter members no later than October 1, 2020. All applicants will be notified of the Nominating Committee’s decision by phone or email no later than September 20, 2020. Candidates may be asked to participate in phone interviews with members of the nominating committee to determine suitability for the position.
Criteria & Guidelines for Selection of Board Members
- Each nominee must be a Chesapeake member in good standing.
- Each elected board member must commit to attending/participating in all 12 scheduled board meetings:
- Two (2) in-person retreats in November and mid-Summer (locations and exact dates TBD); and
- Additional 10 monthly meetings by conference call. Candidates will assume responsibility for all expenses (such as parking, Metro fare, phone calls, faxes) in conjunction with board meeting participation.
- Each nominee must adhere to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct.
The nominating committee will use the following guidelines in determining the slate:
- Participation in PCMA Chesapeake Chapter events and activities during last two years
- Responses to board application questions
- Professional references, as provided during the board application process.
- Prior volunteer leadership experience and committee participation.