The Lighthouses of the Chesapeake Bay are towers of light showing the way and providing valuable assistance to the sea travelers along our coastal waters. The lighthouse has become a symbol for endurance, dependability and guidance.
The Chesapeake Chapter’s Lighthouse Award recognizes one member each year who, through his or her volunteerism, has demonstrated their dedication, involvement and leadership to our organization and illuminating the way for our chapter’s members.
Who Is Eligible?
- Planner and Supplier Members in good standing.
- Held a chapter membership for a minimum of (1) calendar year.
- Must have provided a minimum of twenty (20) hours of service or support to a chapter activity or event within the same calendar year.
- Current members of the Executive Committee of the Chapter Board are not eligible.
- Nominees can nominate themselves or be nominated by their industry peers.
What Does the Nomination Include?
A short, written description (300 words or less) of the volunteer committee activity or event. Application should include the following information about the nominee:
- Provide examples of nominee’s commitment to the chapter
- Articulate the achievements and/or contributions
- Demonstrate the nominee’s individual or member of group impact on the chapter through their works.
Nominees may be contacted by phone and/or be asked to provide follow-up information:
- Professional headshot
- Number of PCMA Chesapeake Chapter events attended in last 12 months
- Nominee’s volunteerism must be validated by Committee Event Chairperson or Chapter’s Board of Directors.
How Do I Nominate?
- Complete the nomination application by the deadline of October 31, 2019.
What Is the Judging Process?
- The Awards Committee will review all applications and select the entries which match the criteria listed above.
- Finalists will be presented to the Executive Committee of the Chapter Board for review.
- Award decision will be made by the Executive Committee.
- All nominees will be recognized at the chapter’s Town Hall in November, and one winner awarded.
When Is the Deadline to Submit A Nomination?
- Nominations will be accepted until October 31, 2019. All entries must be submitted by 5:00pm on October 31, 2019. No partial or late entries will be accepted.
When will the Winners Be Announced?
The Lighthouse Award will be presented to the winners at the November Chapter Town Hall & Awards Meeting.