Who Is Eligible?
Nominations for 2017 will open later this year.
- Planner and Supplier Members in good standing.
- Held a chapter membership for a minimum of (1) calendar year.
- Must have provided a minimum of twenty (20) hours of service or support to a chapter activity or event within the same calendar year.
- Current members of the Executive Committee of the Chapter Board are not eligible.
- Nominees can nominate themselves or be nominated by their industry peers.
What Does the Nomination Include?
- A short, written description (300 words or less) of the volunteer committee activity or event. Application should include the following information about the nominee:
- Provide examples of nominee’s commitment to the chapter
- Articulate the achievements and/or contributions
- Demonstrate the nominee’s individual or member of group impact on the chapter through their works.
- Nominees may contacted by phone and/or be asked to provide follow-up information:
- Professional headshot
- Number of PCMA Chesapeake Chapter events attended in last 12 months
- Nominee’s volunteerism must be validated by Committee Event Chairperson or Chapter’s Board of Directors.
How Do I Nominate?
- Complete the online nomination application by the deadline of October 15, 2017.
What Is The Judging Process?
- The Awards Committee will review all applications and select the entries which match the criteria listed above.
- Finalists will be presented to the Executive Committee of the Chapter Board for review.
- Award decision will be made by the Executive Committee.
- All nominees will be recognized at the chapter’s November educational program, and one winner awarded.
When Is the Deadline To Submit A Nomination?
- Nominations will be accepted from September 15 – October 15, 2017. All entries must be submitted by 5:00pm on October 15, 2017. No partial or late entries will be accepted.
When will the Winners Be Announced?
The Lighthouse Award will be presented to the winners at the November Chapter Meeting or Event.